Nowadays, your life may seem like a blur. Our world has been turned upside down…at work and at home. I hope you’re doing all you can to stay safe, balancing your work and home life as best as possible.
In the midst of it all, there are defining moments, and you have the power to actively choose to make them. Some examples:
- Your customers or clients are going through the same upheaval as you, some more, and some less. Reach out to them individually to let them know you’re there to support them, in the usual or in new ways. First and foremost, show that you genuinely care.
- Your work team is likely adjusting to extensive change, as well. Thank them for their progress and efforts. Ask what they might need from you to continue forging forward successfully.
- Look at every situation with an open mind. How can you create a solution to a problem you’ve never experienced before, or one that your client never expected to experience? Look to your team to brainstorm unique ideas. Benefit from their perspectives. Get them involved in resolving issues.
- While you’re likely not going to shift to producing ventilators or test kits (thankful to those who have those unique abilities!), the products and services you’ve traditionally provided may need examining. Like anything else, market demands change, perhaps significantly more during this critical period. Do you need to alter your offerings? What more can you offer or do to help support customers and clients with their evolving needs?
- Focus on today. What do you need to do today to make the biggest difference, at work and at home? Strive for some balance and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Tomorrow will come.
- As difficult as it is, work through various planning scenarios for the future. Envision all the possible outcomes and develop strategies and tactics to maximize your chances of successfully coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic and thriving!
I thank everyone who has contacted me over the past weeks. They’ve shared challenges, success stories, insights into our situation, and inspiration. I hope you’re staying connected with those who matter the most.
Quote of the week:
“Once you become fearless, life becomes limitless.”