Don’t Let Analysis Paralysis Take Over Your Marketing
Do we need some PR? Someone asked me why she couldn’t find us on Facebook. I feel like we’re being left behind in social media. Should we do that sponsorship? Maybe we should do something. Maybe we need a plan. It’s time to move the dial on our business plan…wait, we haven’t updated “the plan” since 2009. The New Year may be a good time to start. Let’s set a meeting to talk about our marketing.
We hear it routinely when meeting with clients and prospective clients. Everyone seems to know they could benefit from marketing and PR efforts, but often they’re not sure what to do, how to do it, how much they need to invest to make it worthwhile, who should be involved and what, exactly, the plan should be.
What we’ve done for years is proven to work, year after year, for clients who stay the course and invest in marketing in the good times and bad. Here are some STOP IT NOW steps to take:
- Stop not being clear on who needs to be involved in decision-making regarding marketing/PR activities. Figure it out!
- Stop not having a marketing budget to invest properly, and regularly.
- Stop getting yourself into analysis paralysis mode, being confused and discombobulated about what to do. Get help from professionals who can help you get moving on the right, consistent pathways.
- Stop only doing random acts of marketing. Have a plan and operationalize it.
- Stop worrying about what everybody else is doing and start figuring out what YOU will be doing from this point forward.
Once you have a solid plan and it’s put in motion, it’s amazing how much easier it is to then tackle new potential marketing activities as they come along. You’ll be doing marketing and enjoying the measurable results. You’ll be building the value of your company. You’ll be much more active in determining the future of your company instead of just letting things happen to your company. And…you will have shed that analysis paralysis that has frozen you for who knows how long.